Saturday, February 17, 2007

I'm Actually Teaching


I've been doing some teaching. Who, me? I've done several at the Arts Center of the Capital Region. Two classes teaching a viking knit bracelet and one teaching a byzantine weave bracelet. They were actually a lot of fun and everyone seemed to enjoy the classes and were happy with their finished bracelets. Here's a picture of the viking knit bracelet. I can't find the byzantine anywhere on my computer. I guess the gremlins got it. I will scan a bracelet and post it later.

3 comments:

The Wild Inside said...

Awesome, Andrea!! I actually have a book describing how to do that Viking knit (Great Wire Jewelry, I think it's called) .. I just didn't think I'd have the patience for it. Did you solder the end caps on?? I SO miss the Arts Center!! Will look forward to your ongoing posts .. at the very least, we'll be reading each others!

Andrea said...

I have that book but didn't try the weave until I saw the project in Art Jewelry Mag. The endcaps are held on by the wire core which runs through the middle of the weave.

The Wild Inside said...

Ah! I see now! Very much like Connie Fox's wire-core bangles .. only with the Viking knit on the outside instead of twisted wire and beads. Very cool idea. I don't remember seeing a Viking Knit project in Art Jewelry (and I've been getting it since that very first issue) .. was it any easier to understand than the Great Wire Jewelry version??